Taking care of your senior dog is incredibly important. You want to make sure that he or she has the best medical care out there to help them if they ever become ill. Fortunately, Central Texas Animal Hospital in Pflugerville, TX has the resources and expertise you need in order to take care of your senior dog. Let’s go over some signs that you should look out for that would indicate that your senior dog needs care and what kind of senior diagnostic package that we can provide for you.
Common Signs Your Senior Dog Needs Care
While there are a variety of signs that would cause you to be concerned, we are going to focus on the most common ones that you would be able to identify with our help. It is recommended that you bring your senior dog to us if you notice any of these signs:
- Acute behavioral change
- You notice that your senior dog is exhibiting joint pain and cannot get around
- Rapid weight loss or weight gain
- Your senior dog has lost their senses and cannot find their way around your home
- Their teeth and gums appear to be infected
- Your dog is over the age of 8 and needs a checkup.
Our Senior Diagnostic Package
Here is an overview of our senior diagnostic package and how it can greatly benefit your senior dog.
- Our package includes a physical exam to determine your senior dog’s condition
- A diet update to determine what their food habits look like
- A medical plan to be taken home with you if there are any pertinent findings
- Medical diagnosis to determine whether your senior dog has any medical conditions such as hypothyroidism and diabetes.
Taking Care of Your Senior Dog
Dogs walk with us on our journey in life. Though they can’t walk with us all the way, they make an incredible impact on our lives whenever they are here with us. Some even say that the dog chooses their owner, not the other way around. It is the owner’s responsibility to ensure that their senior dog has the best resources available to remain healthy and happy in their senior years.
Central Texas Animal Hospital in Pflugerville, TX is here to ensure that your dog’s senior years are as enjoyable as possible. Give us a call today at 512-251-BARK to schedule your appointment with us. Our team of veterinarian experts will be ready to help your senior dog whenever they arrive here at our facility.